Mark Isherwood MS/AS was first elected as a Welsh Conservative Member for North Wales in 2003, before being re-elected in 2007, 2011 and 2016.
Current Shadow Minister for Communities, Local Government and North Wales
Member of the Welsh Parliament’s Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee.
Chair of the Welsh Parliament's Cross Party Groups on Disability, Autism, Neurological Conditions, Hospices and Palliative Care, Funerals and Bereavement, and Fuel Poverty and Energy Efficiency. Co-Chair of the Welsh Parliament’s Cross Party Group on Violence against Women and Children.
Mark lives in Flintshire with wife Hilary. They have six children and three grandchildren.
A former Treuddyn Community Councillor, School Governor (and Chair) of Ysgol Parc y Llan and voluntary Board Member of Venture Housing Association.
Former Building Society Area Manager in North Wales.
He is also:
- Vice President - North Wales Disability Resources Centre
- Patron – Flintshire Disability Forum
- Ambassador for Clwyd Girl Guides
- Vice President – North Wales Play
- Member of Conwy District CAB/ Citizens Advice Conwy
- Member – Glyndwr University Court
- Trustee – FNF Both Parents Matter Cymru
- Patron – British Association of Social Workers
- Member – North Wales Business Club
- Member – North Wales Wildlife Trust
- Member – Vice President’s Club, Boys and Girls Clubs of Wales
- Patron – Policy Forum for Wales
- Founder of CHANT Cymru (Community Hospitals Acting Nationally Together).
Mark joined the Executive of the CDG as the Parliamentary Champion for the Welsh Parliament.
More information can be found on his website and his Twitter account.